Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Day in a Life 2

Today in Blackflag I went to the cell phone store and bought myself a Blackberry. It is suppose to be one of the best phones on the market. It can even be considered kind of a mini-computer. When I first started to play around with it I felt like I was way over my head. There were so many different applications and I had no idea how to use any of them. They include Facebook, Pandora, a Calender, Blackberry Messenger, and many more. Also it is really cool that the phone links to your e-mail address so you can receive all of your e-mails immediately. After trying to work my phone for hours, and getting nowhere I decided to update my status on facebook to “New Blackberry…..HELP!!!” My friend Celine responded and told me if I needed help then I should go to her house. She ended up teaching me everything that I needed to know to be able to work my new addiction. My favorite application ended up being the Blackberry Messenger. It is better than texting because you can upload a picture of yourself and even have status updates. All you do is add your friends that also have blackberrys and you can instant message with them for free, even if they live in another country!! The best part is next to the message a little R appears if the recipient reads the message; so if they don’t respond then you know your being ignored. I then went back to my house and when I got there I added my friend daisy as one of my contacts on Blackberry Messanger. We ended up bbming for an hour talking about our opinions on how we feel like the government tries to filter content being shown/said on different mediums like the radio and television. After my conversation with Daisy I decided I had a very accomplishing day and that it was time to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment